Quick Australia WHM Program Facts
- Over 154 148 people were granted Working Holiday visas to Australia in 2007-08.
- It is expected that they would spend 2.4 billion Australian dollars while on a working holiday.
- About 8 % of all applicants will apply for a second working holiday visa.
- The 22% of the working holiday visas 2007-2008 were granted to UK citizens, followed by Korea with 21%.
- Australia has another 18 reciprocal agreements with other countries.
- On average working holiday makers stay in Australia for 9 months and spend $16,000 during their stay.
- Last fiscal year (2007-2008) 98% of all applications for working holiday visas were filed online.
- 89,568 of these visas (57.9%) were granted automatically.
- Only 0.6% of all working holiday makers overstayed their visas.