Australian Skilled Migration Update – September 2015
Applications for the old skilled visas, subclass 175, 176 and 475 visa that are no longer eligible under the new General Skilled Migration Program have been capped and taken to have never been made.
The Australian Immigration will issue refund of the application fees, but could a refund compensate people waiting for their applications to be processed for 5 years and more!
Most of the Skilled Independent 175 visa applications have already been allocated and processed but the most affected people were those submitted family sponsored applications. This underlines again the current government policy to reduce the number of family migrants.
Current Update on the SkillSelect
- From October, there will be two invitation rounds which will mean shorter waiting time for visa invitation
- There were only 20 invitations for accounts in the September round. It is expected that the minimum score for invitation in this occupation would be 65 for the rest of 2015.
- There are no more available places for External or Internal Auditors for skilled 189 visa and family sponsored 489 visa until July 2016. These occupations are only eligible for state nomination visas (subclass 190 and 489).
Anyone willing to gain more points and thus increase their chances for visa invitation may consider any of below options:
- Improve their English language scores
- Claim points for spouse’s skills
- Complete a professional year program in Australia
If you found this information useful, please share 🙂