Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted by on Mar 26, 2009 | 2 comments |

Australia Working Holiday vs. Work & Holiday

More than 12% of the temporary visitors in Australia use one of these visas to spend an extended holiday Down Under. There are some major differences between the Australian work & holiday visa (Subclass 462) and the Australian working holiday visa (Subclass 417) that you should know about:

  • The Australian working holiday visa is for people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
  • The Australian Work and Holiday is for people from Chile, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA.
  • The Work and Holiday visa is for tertiary educated people – continuing their studies after high school.
  • The Work and Holiday visa travelers can not apply for a second visa, which is an option with the Australia work and holiday visa.

If you require assistance with an Australia working holiday or work and holiday visa, you can always contact us. 24/7 status report on your visa is provided as well.

Search Jobs in Australia


  1. Hello,

    I am a young professional in the Mining Industry and I will be traveling to Australia in two weeks. I have only worked in Canada and have been researching the different working Visa. If I find a job to further my Career I would want to stay as long as possible. I have read on the professional working visa but I have only been in the line of work for 2 years. Could someone please advise what opptions I have.


  2. Y parece que hay miles tomando esta opción.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *