Apply for second Working Holiday Visa from Australia?
Another question we receive a lot – “Can I apply for a 2nd year Australian Working Holiday visa from Australia or do I need to go home?” The answer here is straightforward – yes, you can apply for your second Australian working holiday visa from both inside and outside of Australia. Usually you don’t need to go home before applying for your extension.
Anyhow there are many factors which take place under different circumstances. Sometimes it could be better option to take it after going home. Depending on your long term plans it might be even better to consider other options, a part from the second year Working Holiday Visa in Australia.
- VisaFirst Client: Hello.
- Manesha: Hi Joanne,
- VisaFirst Client: Can I apply for a Working Holiday visa extension from Australia or do I need to go home?
- Manesha: You can apply from within Australia or from outside, but it is best if you apply from outside of Australia.
- Manesha: If you apply from within Australia then you may need to get chest x-rays and medicals.
- VisaFirst Client: OK, if I apply from the UK do I need a medical?
- Manesha: If you apply after a month from departing Australia then you should not need to.
- VisaFirst Client: I am trying to get sponsored from a company, or a family member. How close does the family need to be?
- Manesha: Family member needs to be a direct relative. What is your occupation?
- Manesha: If you are looking to stay in Australia long term then you should apply from outside of Australia as it is generally a lot faster.
- VisaFirst Client: Have you any idea what I would need from the UK if a company was to sponsor me. I’m a beauty therapist.
- Manesha: You need to have formal qualifications and you qualifications will be assessed.
- VisaFirst Client: My friend said something about signatures from my teachers. Would it be easier to get a second year working holiday visa, then try get sponsored with the company I’m already working for.
- Manesha: The easier option is the working holiday visa but if you really like Australia and you want to stay for longer then you should invest into getting sponsored. I guess you need to decide what your long term plans are.
- VisaFirst Client: OK, lovely. Thank you! Last question – If I go to Thailand before I go home, can I apply for my 2nd visa whilst I’m there.
- Manesha: Thailand is amazing! You can apply for you visa from anywhere. You should apply once you have been outside of Australia for a month.
- VisaFirst Client: And how long do you think it will take to come through?
- Manesha: We can get it in as little as 2 working days.
- VisaFirst Client: Lovely, thank you for your help, have a lovely day!
If you have a similar query and need our assistance, you can drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes it is quite tricky to obtain the desired visa, and it cost you nothing to ask us about visa issues.
Updated: December 2012