Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted on Dec 3, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Finding Work in Australia

Earlier today I was on the phone with one of my colleagues and I got a list of the top 20 employers/recruitment agencies our clients find job with in Australia. Working holiday makers could really use this information to do a research on available job placements. People visiting Australia on a Working Holiday visa usually work every once in a while to supplement their travels around Australia. In most occasions such job placements can be found in farming, fruit picking, working as a bartender, or a waitress. Of course, many other job placements are out there for the taking, so be sure to check out at least a few of the sites mentioned below. They might give you a good start Down Under. Geoffrey Nathan Hays Manpower Freespirit Grunt Labour JP Morgan Alliance Recruitment Barbera Packers Goodwood Rd, Bundaberg, QLD 4670 Pinnacle Bligh Appointments Blue Collar People Bluestone Personnel S.E.S.A.H.S. Career People Drake Australia Face 2 Face Recruitment Forrest Nursery Yandilla Park Horner Recruitment 24/7 Nursing Agency The Australian tax year ends on the 30th of June and this is the time when you can lodge your tax return. You will have about 4 months before the deadline – 31st of October. You will definitely need your final payslip from each employer as it contains the total amount you have earned and total tax paid. Be sure to always ask for your final payslip. In case you miss such a document, Taxback can help you recover it. The document retrieval service is quite efficient as long term relationships have been established with all employers listed above. If you have already found an employer and you feel like sharing, just write me at and I will included to the list. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Oct 7, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Videos, Working Holiday Visa |

Australia – Year Out

“2190 photos in 90 seconds from a ‘working holiday’ May 2004 – May 2005″ – this is how the video is described on Youtube. These photos capture the life of a working holidaymaker. 90 seconds briefly describe 12 months in Australia. It is hard to suggest that such a video can make any sense at all. Surprisingly, I was able to figure out most of the things I was, so I hope so will you. Image how many things await you Down Under. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Oct 6, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Is it too late to apply for my 2nd year visa?

Hello there, dear visitors! It’s Monday and we are ready with the next piece of advice for working holidaymakers. If you wish to apply for your second Australia working holiday visa and have only a couple of days left, it might not be too late to take action. Since the health check is no longer required, you can get your visa extension quicker than before. Karen: Welcome to the Visa First live chat! How can I help you today? Susan: Hi, how are you? I’m currently on a working holiday visa and it expires the 23rd of this month, is it too late for me to apply for my second year now so I don’t have to leave Australia. Karen: Hey Susan, I’m OK. How are you? Karen: It’s not too late for you to apply for the visa. Have you already completed the forms? Susan: No, not yet. Will I not get in trouble for been in Australia past that date before the visa is granted ? Karen: It wouldn’t be a problem. Karen: Do you want me to confirm your personal information now, complete the Employment verification form and fax it back? Susan: If i get you to confirm it, does that mean if I changed my mind not to apply it wouldn’t matter ? I’m just trying to decide in the next day or so, but not a 100 per cent yet. Karen: If you want you can just think about this another day or two and get back to us with our final decision. Susan: How much does it cost to apply and is that all that’s involved, just sending back the form, or is there other requirements ? Karen: The price is 330 AUD. There will be no additional costs involved. Susan: What about a health check ? Karen: It’s no longer required. Susan: Is that just a recent change ? Karen: It’s been for a couple of months. Susan: So just 330 in total ? I don’t have a credit card so where would I pay with cash ? Karen: Yes, we have...

Read More

Posted on Aug 23, 2008 in 2 year Australian Working Holiday visa, Australia Working Holiday |

Apply for second Working Holiday Visa from Australia?

Another question we receive a lot – “Can I apply for a 2nd year Australian Working Holiday visa from Australia or do I need to go home?” The answer here is straightforward – yes, you can apply for your second Australian working holiday visa from both inside and outside of Australia. Usually you don’t need to go home before applying for your extension. Anyhow there are many factors which take place under different circumstances. Sometimes it could be better option to take it after going home. Depending on your long term plans it might be even better to consider other options, a part from the second year Working Holiday Visa in Australia. VisaFirst Client: Hello. Manesha: Hi Joanne, VisaFirst Client: Can I apply for a Working Holiday visa extension from Australia or do I need to go home? Manesha: You can apply from within Australia or from outside, but it is best if you apply from outside of Australia. Manesha: If you apply from within Australia then you may need to get chest x-rays and medicals. VisaFirst Client: OK, if I apply from the UK do I need a medical? Manesha: If you apply after a month from departing Australia then you should not need to. VisaFirst Client: I am trying to get sponsored from a company, or a family member. How close does the family need to be? Manesha: Family member needs to be a direct relative. What is your occupation? Manesha: If you are looking to stay in Australia long term then you should apply from outside of Australia as it is generally a lot faster. VisaFirst Client: Have you any idea what I would need from the UK if a company was to sponsor me. I’m a beauty therapist. Manesha: You need to have formal qualifications and you qualifications will be assessed. VisaFirst Client: My friend said something about signatures from my teachers.  Would it be easier to get a second year working holiday visa, then try get sponsored with the company I’m already working for. Manesha: The easier option is the working holiday visa but...

Read More
Page 5 of 6123456