Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted on Dec 4, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Australian Work Related Expenses

If you intend to travel to Australia and work for a while there is a very good chance that you can get a few bucks back by filing a tax return at the end of the tax year. Many working holiday makers tend to overlook the details and do not always get the maximum possible amount back. Work-related expenses – You need to keep track of them. They might easily be refundable and the amount can be included in your tax return. If your work-related expenses are below $300 (AUD) you don’t even have to provide receipts, however you have to be able to show that the deductions are related to your income. You also have to show how you calculate the claimed amount. If your expenses exceed the $300 threshold you need to provide receipts for them. Which receipts should you keep, well – keep all of them. You never know when you might need them, and you can easily discard of them after the end of the tax year. If you like to receive a professional estimation of your Australian tax return, including all claimable expenses, take a few minutes and fill in this application form. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Dec 3, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Finding Work in Australia

Earlier today I was on the phone with one of my colleagues and I got a list of the top 20 employers/recruitment agencies our clients find job with in Australia. Working holiday makers could really use this information to do a research on available job placements. People visiting Australia on a Working Holiday visa usually work every once in a while to supplement their travels around Australia. In most occasions such job placements can be found in farming, fruit picking, working as a bartender, or a waitress. Of course, many other job placements are out there for the taking, so be sure to check out at least a few of the sites mentioned below. They might give you a good start Down Under. Geoffrey Nathan Hays Manpower Freespirit Grunt Labour JP Morgan Alliance Recruitment Barbera Packers Goodwood Rd, Bundaberg, QLD 4670 Pinnacle Bligh Appointments Blue Collar People Bluestone Personnel S.E.S.A.H.S. Career People Drake Australia Face 2 Face Recruitment Forrest Nursery Yandilla Park Horner Recruitment 24/7 Nursing Agency The Australian tax year ends on the 30th of June and this is the time when you can lodge your tax return. You will have about 4 months before the deadline – 31st of October. You will definitely need your final payslip from each employer as it contains the total amount you have earned and total tax paid. Be sure to always ask for your final payslip. In case you miss such a document, Taxback can help you recover it. The document retrieval service is quite efficient as long term relationships have been established with all employers listed above. If you have already found an employer and you feel like sharing, just write me at and I will included to the list. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Dec 1, 2008 in UK Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Youth Mobility Scheme – Tier 5 Visa for the UK

Youth Mobility Scheme is the new name of the UK Working Holiday Scheme. Requirements remain nearly the same. A point based system applies. You must score 50 points to be able to apply. You get 30 points if you are a citizen of one of the following countries – Australia, Japan, Canada, or New Zealand. Another 10 points are awarded if you meet the age criteria (18-31). If you cover these requirements you can score another 10 points if you prove that you have at least £1,600, or their equivalent. One of our customers was a bit confused about the right visa she is after. After 15 minutes of chat with one of our representatives she was able to take the proper actions and begin the process right away. Karen: Welcome to the Visa First live chat! How can I help you today? Nadia: I’m wanting to apply for the youth mobility visa. I don’t know if its temporary worker or youth mobility migrant I’m after? Karen: Hi Nadia, how old are you and when do you intend to travel? Nadia: I’m 25, leaving on 17th of January. Karen: OK, and how much funds do you have available? Nadia: $8000 savings so far. Karen: Great! Can I take your name and date of birth please? Nadia: Nadia *****, **/**/**** Karen: And what’s your home address, contact number and email address Nadia: 15/ 178 ******** Street B******** 0407009313, ******* Karen: And can you get a bank statement with 3 months transactions history? Original one? Nadia: Can I copy from Internet banking? Karen: If on the bank statement there are the following details: Karen: Your name Karen: Account number Karen: Financial institution name and logo Karen: Date of the statement Karen: And the Internet copy should be accompanied with a supporting letter from your bank on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statement provided. Karen: And also the stamp of the bank should appear on all the pages of the statement Nadia: Okay, I can get but not right away… Once I get that what next? Karen: You need...

Read More

Posted on Oct 10, 2008 in Working Holiday Visa |

How do I go about claiming my New Zealand tax back?

After their 12 months are up, a lot of  the working holiday makers staying in New Zealand decide to jump over to Australia. Quite often you can aid your stay in Australia by claiming overpaid New Zealand taxes. Also, when you enter Australia you should have an Australian Tax File Number, in order to get a job. It is not a bad idea to get one before you go. A customer of ours fits the profile. He is already in Australia and about to go job hunting. He has several questions, to which we have answers :). Sonia: Welcome to the Visa First live chat! How can I help you today? Alan: I worked for 1 year in New Zealand. I am now in Australia – how do i go about claiming my NZ tax back ? Sonia: Hi Alan – If I can get your contact number, I can get a member of our TaxBack team to give you a call and they can advise on how to go about claiming your NZ tax back. Alan: Thanks – +61 (0)40 555 5555. One more question – I’m about to start job hunting in Oz. Do I need to visit immigration and pick up a work visa and tax number? How do I go about obtaining these? Thanks for your help. Sonia: Not a problem. What type of passport do you hold? Alan: I hold a British passport. Sonia: So you do not already hold an Australian Working Holiday Visa? Alan: Yes, I have a working visa. Would I have to go and pick up some actual paperwork and be issued with a tax number ? Sonia: When your Australian Working Holiday Visa was approved, you would have received a Visa Grant Notification (VGN) letter. This is the document you must carry with you at all times. Alan: Yes, I have a copy of that with me – what about a tax number ? Sonia: If you do not already have the visa label for the AUS WHV inside your passport, you can go into a Department of Immigration...

Read More

Posted on Oct 7, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Videos, Working Holiday Visa |

Australia – Year Out

“2190 photos in 90 seconds from a ‘working holiday’ May 2004 – May 2005″ – this is how the video is described on Youtube. These photos capture the life of a working holidaymaker. 90 seconds briefly describe 12 months in Australia. It is hard to suggest that such a video can make any sense at all. Surprisingly, I was able to figure out most of the things I was, so I hope so will you. Image how many things await you Down Under. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Oct 6, 2008 in Australia Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Is it too late to apply for my 2nd year visa?

Hello there, dear visitors! It’s Monday and we are ready with the next piece of advice for working holidaymakers. If you wish to apply for your second Australia working holiday visa and have only a couple of days left, it might not be too late to take action. Since the health check is no longer required, you can get your visa extension quicker than before. Karen: Welcome to the Visa First live chat! How can I help you today? Susan: Hi, how are you? I’m currently on a working holiday visa and it expires the 23rd of this month, is it too late for me to apply for my second year now so I don’t have to leave Australia. Karen: Hey Susan, I’m OK. How are you? Karen: It’s not too late for you to apply for the visa. Have you already completed the forms? Susan: No, not yet. Will I not get in trouble for been in Australia past that date before the visa is granted ? Karen: It wouldn’t be a problem. Karen: Do you want me to confirm your personal information now, complete the Employment verification form and fax it back? Susan: If i get you to confirm it, does that mean if I changed my mind not to apply it wouldn’t matter ? I’m just trying to decide in the next day or so, but not a 100 per cent yet. Karen: If you want you can just think about this another day or two and get back to us with our final decision. Susan: How much does it cost to apply and is that all that’s involved, just sending back the form, or is there other requirements ? Karen: The price is 330 AUD. There will be no additional costs involved. Susan: What about a health check ? Karen: It’s no longer required. Susan: Is that just a recent change ? Karen: It’s been for a couple of months. Susan: So just 330 in total ? I don’t have a credit card so where would I pay with cash ? Karen: Yes, we have...

Read More
Page 11 of 13« First8910111213