Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted on Sep 25, 2008 in UK Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Sometimes you don’t need a visa

Sometimes people don’t need a visa to travel abroad. There are a number of active agreements between countries, which allow their citizens to travel freely within a certain time frame. Mike: Welcome to the visa first live chat! How can I help you today? Emma: Hi, I am traveling to England and I’m getting a UK Working Holiday visa and i was wondering if i need a multiple entry visa to countries in Europe. I am doing a Contiki Tour and then will also be traveling myself through out these countries. Mike: Australian passport holders do not need visa for the Schengen space if they intend to stay for less than 3 months. Emma: So the tour only goes 4-9 days, but we enter France more than once. Is that still alright? Mike: Yes, it is. Emma: So I only need my passport and my UK visa and I can stay in any 1 place for up to three months? Is there anywhere I can’t? Mike: Switzerland has not signed the Schengen contract and you might need a visa for that country. Emma: So I only need the UK working holiday visa, not the Schengen visa? Mike: Australian passport holders do not need visa to visit Europe. You will need the UK working holiday visa so you can work and travel across UK. Emma: So I can travel across Europe, in and out of any country, as long as I have my passport. Mike: And as long as you do not violate the 3 months condition. Emma: OK, it just says to visit 1 of the Schengen states that you need to obtain that visa, but I don’t need 1. Mike: That condition is for the citizens of the countries that are required to have a visa.  Australian citizens do not need visa if the intended stay does not exceed 3 months. Emma: OK, cool. Thank you! Mike: You are welcome! It is always best to ask a competent person or a professional, before you take any further actions. It might save you a lot of time and money....

Read More

Posted on Sep 12, 2008 in UK Working Holiday, Videos, Working Holiday Visa |

UK Working Holiday Visa – How can Visa First help you?

Obtaining a visa to the UK keeps getting harder and harder. If you like to travel around the United Kingdom and work to support your travels the UK Working Holiday visa is the right choice for you. You can hold a UK visa in your hands in just a few weeks if you get things right the first time. That’s what we do here – help you make the rights steps, so you can enjoy 12 month as a working holiadymaker in the UK. Visa FirstMore...

Read More

Posted on Sep 10, 2008 in UK Working Holiday, Working Holiday Visa |

Can I apply for a UK Working Holiday visa while in Italy?

The chat sessions would be very valuable for you, if you intend to travel around Europe and you need to obtain several Working Holiday visas. The client below wants to travel to Italy and the UK. She is from New Zealand, and it seems that she need s to go through a lot of planning before she can take the plane to Europe ;). Manesha: Hi Louise. Louise: Hi, how are you? Manesha: You are supposed to apply for your UK working holiday visa from New Zealand. Manesha: You can try contact the British High Commission in Italy and see if they can process it from there for you. They should be able to do this but it is will be more difficult. Manesha: We can get you an Irish working holiday visa. Louise: Okay, sorry. I’ve been trying to sort this all out for some time now … Louise: So to get a UK visa I am going to have to go back to NZ to get it?? Manesha: That is the recommended procedure. The British High Commission recommends you apply from home. How long are you in Italy for? Louise: I know if I apply for an Italian visa, I have to go back to New Zealand to apply, but I was under the impression to get a UK visa I can apply from Australia. I have been living here for nearly 4 years now, but I hold a NZ passport. Manesha: NZ passport holders can apply from Australia and vice versa. Louise: Well, I was going to try get an Italian visa also. Basically I want to travel all over Europe, and work as well. Manesha: Are you currently in Australia? When are you looking to go? Louise: Yes, I‘m currently in Australia, have been here for over three years now. Louise: I‘m planning on leaving end of November … 20 Jan 2009 at the latest. Manesha: I would recommend that you get your UK visa ASAP as it can take a while to get this visa. Louise: Once I get the visa it has to...

Read More

Posted on Aug 23, 2008 in 2 year Australian Working Holiday visa, Australia Working Holiday |

Apply for second Working Holiday Visa from Australia?

Another question we receive a lot – “Can I apply for a 2nd year Australian Working Holiday visa from Australia or do I need to go home?” The answer here is straightforward – yes, you can apply for your second Australian working holiday visa from both inside and outside of Australia. Usually you don’t need to go home before applying for your extension. Anyhow there are many factors which take place under different circumstances. Sometimes it could be better option to take it after going home. Depending on your long term plans it might be even better to consider other options, a part from the second year Working Holiday Visa in Australia. VisaFirst Client: Hello. Manesha: Hi Joanne, VisaFirst Client: Can I apply for a Working Holiday visa extension from Australia or do I need to go home? Manesha: You can apply from within Australia or from outside, but it is best if you apply from outside of Australia. Manesha: If you apply from within Australia then you may need to get chest x-rays and medicals. VisaFirst Client: OK, if I apply from the UK do I need a medical? Manesha: If you apply after a month from departing Australia then you should not need to. VisaFirst Client: I am trying to get sponsored from a company, or a family member. How close does the family need to be? Manesha: Family member needs to be a direct relative. What is your occupation? Manesha: If you are looking to stay in Australia long term then you should apply from outside of Australia as it is generally a lot faster. VisaFirst Client: Have you any idea what I would need from the UK if a company was to sponsor me. I’m a beauty therapist. Manesha: You need to have formal qualifications and you qualifications will be assessed. VisaFirst Client: My friend said something about signatures from my teachers.  Would it be easier to get a second year working holiday visa, then try get sponsored with the company I’m already working for. Manesha: The easier option is the working holiday visa but...

Read More
Page 12 of 13« First8910111213