Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 in Australia Working Holiday, Migration News |

Working Holiday Visa Lottery in Germany

Australia is a top choice destination for a lot of young people from Germany, who want to travel. Many students visit the country after high school or after university in order to gather valuable working and international experience and to improve their English language skills. In order to let young people to fulfill their travelling dreams, the government agency Tourism Australia organizes a working holiday lottery in cooperation with several Australian states. The prizes are 12 working holiday visas together with exciting jobs. As an additional stimulus will serve the fact that the winners will have a possibility to take a friend with them so that they can travel and work together. All Germans between 18-30 years can participate. An additional requirement is that all participants involve their friend in the game. Later they can choose one person from their Facebook community and travel with him/her in Australia. In Queensland there are two exciting jobs that the winners can take. The first possibility for the winners is to work as a Reef Guide on the biggest coral reef in the world. The employer will be the leading Great Barrier Reef tours and cruising company Quicksilver. The participants will have the opportunity to gain experiences in different touring tasks as well as to participate in the local program for supporting and promoting sustainable ecotourism in the area. The second winner will also have the opportunity to work as a Reef guide, but with different company – Cruise Whitsundays. He will have to work together with marine biologist and divers. Their tasks will be to learn as much as they can for the current state of the reef and then to transmit this knowledge to the tourists. The jobs will take place between September this year and March next year. There will be also a possibility for a weekend work. The salary will be the usual for the sector (around 18 dollars per hour) Visa First is one of the leading independent Working Holiday Visa consultants. We can help you arrange your Working Holiday Visa and your journey to Australia. Find...

Read More

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 in Australia Working Holiday, Travel |

Backpackers jobs in Australia

The Working Holiday Visa allows young people not only to travel to Australia, but also to work for 12 months, so that they have enough money to finance their adventure. Finding a job provides all backpackers with an opportunity to explore the labor market in Australia and to settle down in one place for a longer time period, in order to be able to experience the Australian day-to-day life. Because of the recent resource boom, which Australia is experiencing it is now relatively easy for most young people to find a temporary backpacker job. Typical working holiday jobs include: farm work, fruit picking, field work, tourism and cuisine/gastronomy. With a little bit of luck it is also possible to land on well-paid office jobs, which will later look good in the CVs as well. The so called temporary jobs in which someone works with a certain employer for up to six months are very common in Australia. This is really good for backpackers, because the working holiday visa allows its holders to stay with a given employer for a maximum of six months. The farm work and fruit picking jobs that are in the rural areas are really easy to obtain and the competition is not very big. Work positions in the large cities such as Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, can however be more competitive and therefore a good English language skills can be advantageous. There are some things that should be taken into consideration before starting to search for a work. The first one is – opening of a bank account. This is a requirement in many cases, because most Australian employers do not pay salaries in cash. The international transactions are very expensive so there is no way to avoid the opening of an Australian bank account. Furthermore it is recommended, that all backpacker apply for a Tax File Number (TFN). The Tax File Number has to be shown to the employer before the beginning of the job. Without TFN it is still possible work legally, but the taxes that must be paid will be around 50%....

Read More

Posted on May 30, 2012 in Migration News, Working Holiday Visa |

How to apply for a second Australian Working Holiday Visa in 2012

Since 2005 Australia made it is possible for Working Holiday Makers to apply for a second visa. There is however one very important requirement. People who want to become a second visa must prove that they did a “specified work” in an “eligible regional Australian area” for a minimum of 3 months. How is “specified work” defined and what kind of activities it includes? Prospective working holiday makers can check this on the Australian department of immigration and citizenship website. The list of specified work for a Second Working Holiday Visa originally consisted of only agricultural types of work, but it was later expanded The current list has five main categories of work. Here is the current list with the approved categories for year 2012: plant and animal cultivation fishing and pearling tree farming and felling mining construction People, who want to apply for a second visa can use as a proof the so- called Form 1263 (Working Holiday visa: Employment verification). It is crucial that all of the provided data is correct. It is a common procedure that Australian immigration authorities contact third parties in order to check the veracity of the information in the application documents for a second Working Holiday Visa. Another important requirement for prospective working holiday makers is that they need to have done work in an eligible regional area. According to latest regional postcode list published by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship eligible areas are the following: State/Territory Postcode Australian Capital Territory The Australian Capital Territory is not classified as part of regional Australia. New South Wales 2311 to 23122328 to 24112420 to 24902536 to 25512575 to 2594 2618 to 2739 2787 to 2898 Note: Excludes Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong. Northern Territory All of Northern Territory is classified as part of regional Australia. Queensland 4124 to 4125413342114270 to 427242754280 4285 4287 4307 to 4499 4510 4512 4515 to 4519 4522 to 4899 Note: Excludes the Greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast South Australia All of South Australia is classified as part of regional Australia. Tasmania All of...

Read More

Posted on May 29, 2012 in Travel, Working Holiday Visa |

The most popular travel routes in Australia

Many of the famous tourist routes in Australia are situated along the east coast of the country. Traveling from Sydney to Brisbane is one of the classical tourist routes that attract many foreign visitors. Sydney has something unique to offer to every individual tourist.  Traveling along the coast to Brisbane can also be very exciting and has many interesting intermediate stops. If you choose to this route your journey will start in Sydney – the largest and the most vibrant city in Australia. Sydney has a lot of famous landmarks – some of them like the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge have become symbols of Australia. The city never sleeps, there is always something to do, somewhere to go, someone to meet. From pubs and clubs to 5-star restaurants everyone can find what he looks for.   Whoever likes to surf, there is a possibility for a so-called surf safari. Surf tours which start in Sydney and end in Byron Bay are organized on a daily basis. Along the way the most famous place for surfing on the Australian east coast are visited. Other highlights of the Sydney-Brisbane route are the large sand dunes around Stockton, which can be visited with motorcycle, quad-bike or off-road vehicle. Further along the road is situated port Macquarie. Many koalas can be seen in the surrounding forests. Further North, the way leads to Cuffs Harbour – the official banana-capital of Australia. The famous town Byron bay is also situated on the Sydney-Brisbane route. It has a reputation as a hippie town. Its famous Cape Byron Lighthouse is the most eastern point of Australia. Several Hundred kilometer down the road is Brisbane, the capital of Queensland. Visa First is one of the leading Working Holiday Visa consultants for applicants from all over the world. We can help you to obtain your visa, open your bank and receive your Tax File Number number.   Find out more on our site blog.visafirst.comMore...

Read More

Posted on May 28, 2012 in Migration News, Working Holiday Visa |

Taiwan and France negotiate for Working Holiday Agreement

The Taiwanese ministry of foreign affairs said that Taiwan will continue its tries to establish Working Holiday Agreement with France. The country will propose the new French government a mutual Working Holiday Program after a new French cabinet has been elected. Taiwan has been trying for long time to sign a Working Holiday Agreement with France. Now the French Foreign Ministry finally supports the idea, but it will be ready to discuss the proposal only after the elections have finished. France currently has Working Holiday Visa agreement signed with numerous countries among which are: Canada, Japan, South Korea, the UK, New Zealand, Australia and Germany. Foreign graduates that are graduating in Taiwan currently face a lot of restrictions if the y want to stay an work in Taiwan. They must have two years of related working experience and job offer, with a salary of at least NT$47,971 per month. There is currently a discussion in the Taiwanese government about loosening these restrictions in order the country to be able to attract new foreign talent. Lu Hsueh-chang, a legislator form the Chinese Nationalist Party, also supports this idea. The Taiwanese director of the Department of European Affairs James Lee said that the fact that second place that Sarkozy had on the recent elections, signifies the fact that the French nation is worried about rising economic issues such as high unemployment rate. Lee however argues that the working holiday visa will not contribute for increasing the unemployment rate in France, because the two countries will have an equal quota of Working Holiday Visa available to be issued each year. Visa First is one of the leading Working Holiday Visa consultants for applicants from all over the world. If you are interested in applying for one of the numerous Working Holiday Visa programs that we offer please visit the Working Holiday Visa section of our site in order to apply. blog.visafirst.comMore...

Read More

Posted on May 17, 2012 in Australia Working Holiday |

Australia and Greece negotiating working holiday agreement

As the working holiday visa is beneficial for both Australia and the visa holders, Australia will be soon negotiating an agreement with Greece for granting the popular visa. Australia has agreements for working holidays with 15 countries so far. If Australia reaches an agreement with Greece, young Creek people will be able to go toAustralia for about a year and will be allowed to work while staying there and vise versa. Usually, this type of visa is granted for people between the ages of 18 and 30 years. This is not the first time both sides discuss such agreement. In the past, Greece would agree to let Greek citizens to live and work in Australia for certain period of time, but they would not want the reciprocity of the agreement. This time, however, things are looking more optimistic for both. Australia has working holiday agreements with the following countries: Belgium Canada Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Hong Kong Italy Japan Malta Norway Republic of Cyprus Republic of Ireland Republic of Korea Sweden Taiwan The Netherlands United Kingdom   blog.visafirst.comMore...

Read More

Posted on May 10, 2012 in Canadian Immigration, Living Abroad, Working Holiday Visa |

Documentary on working holiday program in Canada to be released in 2013

The Taiwanese Movie director Lin Yen-chieh is going to record documentary series that will record and chronicle the working holiday experiences of the Taiwanese youth in Canada. The purpose of the movie will be to increase the popularity of the working holiday program and to distribute the message that overseas work and travel programs can be much more than just fun and money-earning. Currently a large number of young Taiwanese are traveling on working holidays in many different countries such as Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and New Zealand. This gives them the opportunity not only to make some money, but also enrich their intercultural competence by immersing in a particular foreign culture and its language and establishing connection with a lot of new foreign friends. The movie director Lin Yen-chieh was himself one of the first people, which visited Canada in 2010 with a Working Holiday Visa, just immediately after the Working Holiday Program between Taiwan and Canada was established. At that time he was graduating student. The experiences that he gained while in Vancouver served him as an inspiration for the upcoming movie. The higher wages that he earned in Canada made it possible for him to work just few days in a week and he spent recording different events and people with his camera. After his Working Holiday Visa expired he decided to make a movie about six people, who are visiting Canada on Working Holidays. Each one is with different personality, but all of them are opened to foreign cultures and enthusiastic about their future. After the character casting has been finished Lin will spend one year with them in Canada documenting his/her experience. Up to this moment more than 20 people have shown interest to participate in the movie. The documentary will be most probably finished in 2013 and will take place mostly in Vancouver. blog.visafirst.comMore...

Read More