French Schengen Visa from UK
A recent survey of the World Tourism Organization ranks Paris as the number one tourist destination in the world, receiving more than 10 million foreign visits annually.
In order to visit this incredible city many travelers will be required to possess
short-stay tourist visa commonly known in the European Union as French Schengen Visa. Its validity is up to 90 days and its holders can travel freely through France and other European States during this time-frame.
If you want to visit France you have to determine your status and whether or not you need Schengen Visa for France. All citizens of the European Union are exempt from this requirement. Furthermore citizens of some non-European states like United States, Canada, Japan and Australia also do not need French Schengen Visa for short term visits. For full list of Schengen Visa exemptions see the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs webpage
If you need a Schengen Visa for France you should follow the steps below in order to complete your visa application.
- Fill in the official Schengen Visa Application form with all the necessary personal details. Do not forget to sign it afterwards.
- Prepare the required documents that are required to be sent with your application. Those generally include: Two Passport photos, that have been made within the last three months; Your International Passport, Your British Residence Permit, Evidence of financial means of support, Proof of travel, Proof of Hotel or Accommodation booking as well as valid insurance covering the period of your stay in France.
- Schedule an appointment with the a French Embassy or Consulate. You can find nearest one on the embassy-finder.com website.
- Submit your complete French Schengen Visa Application on the date of the appointment.
- Visas will be granted or denied on the day of the appointment. You can receive your passport afterwards.
The whole application procedure is somewhat long and tedious. You have to make sure, that all of your documents meet the necessary requirements of the French Government. Any mistakes can lead to visa rejection. Visa First as a leading international provider of global visas and travel support services can help you to get your visa fast and hassle-free.