Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted by on Aug 8, 2008 | 0 comments |

Two australian WHV with dual nationality?

Dual nationality Working Holiday Visa

Dual nationality – can you get 2 visas with each passport?

Another interesting question – if you have dual nationality can you get two Australian Working Holiday Visas with each of your nationality (Known as “double dip”)? The answer to this question is – no, you can’t. The only way of getting second year Australian working holiday visa is to meet the conditions of getting one (harvesting/construction work for 3 months in specified regions).

Last week we received such query on our Live Chat. The person had already traveled to Australia on a Working Holiday visa about 2 years ago, but for short time. He got the visa using his Irish passport. Now he wants to travel to Australia again. He plans to apply for another Working Holiday visa with his UK passport. Is he able to do so? Let’s see how the conversation went.

  • Daisy: Hi Stephen!
  • Daisy: Were you on working holiday visa in Australia?
  • Stephen: Yes, I got that visa
  • Daisy: This is a one time visa.
  • Daisy: Although you have a different passport.
  • Daisy: Have you done any harvesting/construction work on the first visa?
  • Stephen: Yes, I have surrendered my Irish passport, and taken up my other. No i was only in OZ for two months.
  • Daisy: In this case you are not eligible to apply for another Working Holiday visa.
  • Stephen: Even with a different passport?
  • Daisy: If you are willing to travel and work in Australia. You can try with the Australian Skilled Migration visa or the Sponsorship visa
  • Stephen: OK, many thanks for you help.

And here is one great video from the TV Show “Border Control” showing you what might happen if you try to cheat the system and apply for Working Holiday Visa under a second passport:

Australian Working Holiday visas are perfect for GAP Year. If you wish to spend some time Down Under after graduating high school, there is no better solution for you. A lot of young people decide to take a year off, before going into college.  If you wish to spend more time (more than 12/24 months), you should consider the Skilled Migration visa.

Updated: December 2012

Search Jobs in Australia

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *