Immigrants contribute to population growth in UK
According to a newly released statistics by the UK government the population of the country has grown by 419 000 people by the end of the July 2013. Around 40% of this rise was caused by new immigrants entering the country. The remaining 60% were due to baby boom in UK. There were more than 800 000 new babies born during the first 7 months of 2013. Around quarter of these were born to mothers that come from outside UK. Britain had the fastest growing population in Europe in the current year. France is on the second place with a population rise of 320 000 since the beginning of the year.
The Office for National Statistics says that the level of net immigration was ‘about average’ for the last decade. The net immigration figure is calculated by taking the number of people who came to the UK intending to settle over a given period and subtracting the number of UK residents who leave the country permanently over the same period. The distribution of the new immigrants throughout the country was however uneven. Most of the new immigrants have settle in London or in the South East part of the country.
Another reasons for the increase in the population is that more men are surviving into their mid and late 70s. 26% more men survived past their 75th birthday than did so in 2002. There are also fewer still births.
Many economists see the immigration as necessary for the development of the UK economy. According to them the country will require more than 7 million immigrants in the next 20 years in order to replace the ageing workforce. In addition to that more people will be needed in order to support the older workers who will retire in the next years.
Visa First is a leading immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your UK visa fast and hassle-free today.