Is it too late to apply for my 2nd year visa?
Hello there, dear visitors! It’s Monday and we are ready with the next piece of advice for working holidaymakers. If you wish to apply for your second Australia working holiday visa and have only a couple of days left, it might not be too late to take action. Since the health check is no longer required, you can get your visa extension quicker than before.
- Karen: Welcome to the Visa First live chat! How can I help you today?
- Susan: Hi, how are you? I’m currently on a working holiday visa and it expires the 23rd of this month, is it too late for me to apply for my second year now so I don’t have to leave Australia.
- Karen: Hey Susan, I’m OK. How are you?
- Karen: It’s not too late for you to apply for the visa. Have you already completed the forms?
- Susan: No, not yet. Will I not get in trouble for been in Australia past that date before the visa is granted ?
- Karen: It wouldn’t be a problem.
- Karen: Do you want me to confirm your personal information now, complete the Employment verification form and fax it back?
- Susan: If i get you to confirm it, does that mean if I changed my mind not to apply it wouldn’t matter ? I’m just trying to decide in the next day or so, but not a 100 per cent yet.
- Karen: If you want you can just think about this another day or two and get back to us with our final decision.
- Susan: How much does it cost to apply and is that all that’s involved, just sending back the form, or is there other requirements ?
- Karen: The price is 330 AUD. There will be no additional costs involved.
- Susan: What about a health check ?
- Karen: It’s no longer required.
- Susan: Is that just a recent change ?
- Karen: It’s been for a couple of months.
- Susan: So just 330 in total ? I don’t have a credit card so where would I pay with cash ?
- Karen: Yes, we have an office in Sydney. Can you come and pay cash there?
- Susan: Yeah, that shouldn’t be a problem
- Karen: Great, the address is Suite 1, Level 4, 600 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
- Karen: You can just complete the forms, bring them with you and pay for the visa.
- Susan: That’s brilliant, actually quite made my day ! Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated.
- Karen: You’re very welcome ! Have a great rest of the day !
- Susan: Enjoy the rest of your day!
Conditions and regulations change all the time. We keep track of them, so we can help you to make the right choice. We hope Susan will enjoy another sunny year in Australia! If you have a question, don’t forget to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week!