What You Should Know Before Travelling to Australia
- The sun is stronger in Australia. It’s good to be prepared unless you want to burn out badly.
- The traffic flow is on the left-hand side of the road but vehicles with the drivers’ controls on either the left or the right are lawful.
- If you think there are kangaroos walking on the streets and everywhere else, you are wrong. You can find them ‘in the bush’ if you travel inland.
- Don’t believe the weather forecasts in Australia and be prepared for everything.
- If you want to sound Australian, shorten your words and add a ‘y’ to everything you say.
- Capsicum means pepper in Australia. Have this in mind when you go to the grocery stores.
- Coins are more relevant Down Under because some of them are worth 1 or 2 dollars. So, do not disregard coins in your wallet – you might be richer than you thought.
- Koalas have pouches as well as any other mammals in Australia except for dingoes – a fact that you should know before heading Down Under.
- You can find pies at every chain café but Australian pies are not made of fruit. They are filled with meat and very delicious but they are not sweet.
- Australian Football and Rugby actually replace Football. So, make sure you know the rules because they are much more complicated.
Visa First is a leading international immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your visa fast and hassle-free today.