The Canadian Express Entry will replace the Federal Skilled Visa in less than 3 months
As VisaFirst already informed you earlier, the Occupation list for the Canadian Federal Skilled visa has been updated on 1 May 2014. There has been a cap of 25,000 new applications set, including 500 applications from PhD students.
All 50 occupations on the list have been further restricted by a sub-cap of 1,000 places per occupation. Of course, this does not affect those visa candidates with a secured job offer from a Canadian employer.
Now, the first to reach the occupational quota are the Computer programmers and interactive media developers, NOC code 2174. No more new applications from this occupation will be accepted under the current Federal skilled worker program.
There is one more occupation that is near to reach the limit: Financial and investment analysts NOC code 1112.
Below the full list of occupations and the places already completed for each occupation:
|NOC Code||Eligible occupation||Number of places completed as per the 1,000 sub-cap|
|0013||Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services||45|
|0015||Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.||15|
|0112||Human resources managers||44|
|0121||Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers||23|
|0311||Managers in health care||21|
|0712||Home building and renovation managers||4|
|0811||Managers in natural resources production and fishing||2|
|1111||Financial auditors and accountants||169|
|1112||Financial and investment analysts||741|
|1113||Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers||–|
|1114||Other financial officers||63|
|1123||Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations||105|
|1212||Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers||52|
|2113||Geoscientists and oceanographers||15|
|2133||Electrical and electronics engineers||216|
|2171||Information systems analysts and consultants||348|
|2172||Database analysts and data administrators||73|
|2173||Software engineers and designers||425|
|2174||Computer programmers and interactive media developers||1,000|
|2232||Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians||10|
|2241||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians||27|
|2243||Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics||14|
|2263||Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety||67|
|2281||Computer network technicians||242|
|3011||Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors||6|
|3012||Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses||189|
|3112||General practitioners and family physicians||11|
|3132||Dietitians and nutritionists||1|
|3141||Audiologists and speech-language pathologists||5|
|3214||Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists||2|
|3215||Medical Radiation Technologists||4|
|3233||Licensed practical nurses||12|
|4011||University professors and lecturers||86|
|4214||Early childhood educators and assistants||8|
|5125||Translators, terminologists and interpreters||14|
It’s really important those of you who consider applying under the current scheme, whose occupation is on the list and the cap is not yet reached, to speed up lodging the application. You can contact VisaFirst for a free estimation on your eligibility and start the process immediately.
What do I need to qualify?
The current pass mark is 67 points based on eligibility criteria. You’re given points for 6 components: your language skills in English and/or French, age, education, qualification, work experience , adaptability and job offer from a Canadian employer (if any).
– You need to have at least 12 months work experience in one of the occupations on the demand list; or a job offer from a Canadian employer; or be a PhD student in Canada.
– You need to prove your language skills through a language test
– You have to be qualified in your occupation and your foreign qualification should be assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
– You also need to prove you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself and your family members in Canada. The current amount needed for 1 person is CA$11,824. If you are 4 – you need to prove CA$21,971.
What you probably don’t know is that you still can proceed with your Federal skilled visa even if the cap was reached for your occupation, following one of the routes below:
– You might still qualify, if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer. It should be a full-time employment. There’s no cap for applicants qualifying with a job offer.
– If your tasks and job title overlap with other occupation or NOC code that is still eligible. For example, if you are a Computer programmer and the cap was reached for your occupation, you can still apply as an Information system analyst or consultant, Database analyst, Data administrator or Software designer.
– You might still be eligible f you have at least one year work experience in the past 10 years in an occupation on the list but this does not necessarily need to be your current or most recent job. So, if the cap is reached for your current occupation but you still can qualify for any of the remaining occupations on the list, go ahead and apply now.
It’s less than three months now before the new “Express Entry” is launched at the beginning of 2015. This will be a new expression of interest selection system, giving the Federal government, provincial governments and employers the opportunity to select the applicants from a pool. We recommend you start preparing your paperwork and submitting your application now.
Visa First is a leading international immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your visa fast and hassle-free today.
If you found this information useful, please share 🙂