UK oppsion leader thinks that all immgrants in Great Britain must speak English
Ed Miliband – the leader of the UK labour party, which is currently in opposition, has said that all of the prospective UK immigrants must speak fluently English language. He admitted that his party has made a lot of mistakes in its immigration policy when it was in power between 1997 and 2010. During that period around five million immigrants settled in UK. A lot of critics allege that Labour Party had an open-door immigration policy that favoured mass-immigration.
Mr Miliband promised that if his part is elected he will have a proactive immigration policy that will be focused on the integration of the foreigners and will help them to improve their language skills and participate in the society. In addition to that Miliband insisted that it is necessary to ensure that the native British population is protected from the negative effects of the immigration.
He said that, if he was elected, his Labour government would
• give immigrants more help in learning English
• make immigrant parents responsible for their children’s education to ensure that they learnt English
• consider banning anyone with poor English from any public facing job in the public sector
• Ban employers from advertising jobs to one ethnic group only
• Introduce transitional controls to ensure that there would be no repeat of the mass immigration from Poland and eastern Europe after 11 countries joined the EU in 2004
• Prevent too many people from living in one property. When too many immigrants lived in one house, he said, it was not surprising when their neighbours didn’t like it
The current UK Immigration minister Mark Harper said in response to the Miliband speech that the coalition government is working hard towards correcting the mistakes made by the Labour party. According to him the coalition government has already taken the necessary steps to tackle language as a barrier to integration by introducing language tests for migrants from outside the European Economic Area.
Visa First is a leading immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your United Kingdom visa fast and hassle-free today.