US Green Card Lottery (DV-2016) Will End Up in November. Hurry Up and Participate Now.
The new Edition of the US Green Card Lottery (DV-2016) began on the 1st of October and will be available until 3rd of November 2014. It will give an opportunity to 50,000 applicants to get a lawful permanent residence visa for the US. There are simple but strict eligibility criteria in order to qualify. The winners are selected through a random computer drawing.
Am I eligible?
There are two main requirements:
- You need to be born in one of the eligible countries. The following countries are excluding from the 2016 lottery:
United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and
- You need to have completed at least twelve-year school education OR
- You need to prove at least two years work experience with the last five years.
There’s no minimum age to apply for the program, but if you are under 18 you could hardly meet the education or work experience requirements. There are still chances to get a Green card even if you were not born in an eligible country:
- You can still qualify if none of your parents was born in one of these excluded countries or
- If your spouse is from a country that could participate in the scheme.
The computer selection will start in May 2015. You can include your spouse and your dependent children under 21 years on your application. Once all of the 50,000 visas are issued, the program will be closed.
Visa First is a leading international immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your visa fast and hassle-free today.
If you found this information useful, please share 🙂